Saturday, August 29, 2015

Friends


Friends are who you want and need on a journey of life.

Not “Facebook friends” which may number in the thousands - those are a brutal abuse of the term “friends”. No offence, but you know what I mean.

Not “fair weather friends” either - the ones who flock around you like seagulls because you’re having your fish and chips. The ones who are ought to get some benefit from you.

I mean true friends. And such friends are as difficult to find as diamonds in your backyard. But there are such friends around. Your spouse is supposed to be such a friend. I know this isn’t true all the time in a world of infidelity and divorces. But there are marriages of love and friendship that outlast the seasons of life.

If you have one or two friends who are truly friends, consider yourself blessed.

James Taylor sung it best -

“When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand
and nothing, whoa, nothing is going right. Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there to brighten up even your darkest nights. You just call out my name, and you know where ever I am, I’ll come running to see you again. Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, you've got a friend.”

I appreciate my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment